R Communications LLC has an opening for a LOCAL SALES MANAGER within its RGV/McAllen, Texas market.
R Communications is a broadcast media operator with a portfolio of radio, TV and new media assets producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms. R Communications reaches greater than one million consumers in the South Texas area with expertise in targeting the strong Hispanic Market along with General Market consumers. We operate properties in McAllen and Laredo, including the top three radio stations as ranked in the respective market by Nielson Audio. R Communications distributes its programming via TV, AM, FM and Digital Radio stations, offering web and mobile apps making engaging integrated marketing campaigns easier than ever before for our clients.
The Rio Grande Valley is located at the southern tip of Texas, bordering Mexico. Known for the low cost of living, an exceptional education system, a vibrant arts and cultural scene and nearly year around sunshine, this is a wonderful place to raise a family and to develop roots.
McAllen is the center of business in The Rio Grande Valley. While keeping true to a small-town feel, McAllen still provides the perks and amenities of living in a metropolitan area. Residents and visitors of McAllen can indulge in one of the many symphony orchestra performances, live theatrical performances or other cultural activities available in the area. There’s always something to do, or something to see!
Education plays a huge role in the decision of where to move, especially if you have a family or are considering having children. McAllen’s close proximity to five institutions of higher education including The University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley, Texas South most College, Texas State Technical College and South Texas College, has influenced the education system greatly.
One of the most appealing things that Rio Grande Valley has to offer its residents is a nearly perfect, year-round, moderate climate. Filled with sunny days and shady palm trees, RGV residents take advantage of the average yearly temperature of 84.7 degrees!
Nature parks, biking trails and family recreation centers are a part of the lifestyle of the RGV residents. Beautiful beaches, fishing, para-sailing and family entertainment on South Padre Island is just 75 miles from McAllen.
According to Forbes, McAllen is listed as #3 on their list of best cities for job growth in 2016.
We are a dynamic sales team. We are passionate about helping clients solve their marketing challenges through creative thinking and integrated strategy execution.
We develop customized ideas for brands across our market that enables our clients to connect with audiences across our region. With specialized expertise in the Hispanic market, we deliver branded content, events, custom programs, and influencer marketing and promotional tactics across our distribution platforms designed to engage this all-important consumer.
We are searching for someone with a passion for media, partnership and developing targeted solutions. This candidate is a results-oriented individual who fosters a collaborative environment, positive outlook and thrives on leading a team.
- Direct a sales team and provide leadership toward the achievement of profitability and growth in local radio stations
- Meet and exceed budget goals
- Coach and develop sales team members both in-field and 1:1 settings
- Attend client meetings and present proposals along the Account Executive
- Collaborate with internal departments on integrated programs across radio, digital, experiential and social media to deliver effective solutions that maximize revenue
- Develop custom creative concepts based on client needs, focus on creating new and big ideas to evolve the strategy
- Brainstorm and create innovative branded franchise opportunities for advertisers across our integrated platforms
- Create sales presentations
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external teams
- Maintain big picture outlook on the regional business to develop new revenue-driving opportunities
- Coordinate with internal and external teams to ensure strategy is pulled through in execution and distribution, as well as feasibility, legality, etc. of programs
- Work with research team to analyze research data and develop compelling marketing stories
- Strong knowledge of the advertising agency business model while maintaining key relationships within that segment of the market
- Follow the Strategic Account Management (SAM) approach
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- 4-6 years of related experience (broadcast and digital media, integrated marketing) with strong knowledge of sales terms and principles
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little supervision
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Media or relevant field preferred
- Understanding of the media/advertising world with an interest in solving brand challenges
- Ability to assess problems and implement solutions
- High energy with positive outlook
- Strong proficiency with social media
- Creative, resourceful and detail-oriented
- Ability to functionally multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build and lead a high-performing team, motivate and manage multiple personalities toward a common goal
- Build influential support coalitions
- Align strategy, structure, systems, skills and culture toward a profitable goal attainment
- Ability to fluently speak and write in English and Spanish is required
- Proficient in computer software (Power point, Word, and Excel)
Send resume to Debbie Barrera at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls accepted. Competitive salaried position depending on experience.
R Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.